HP Pavilion dv7 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Pavilion dv7 battery

HP Pavilion dv7 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Verizon Net Book Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Verizon Net Book Review. Empty
PostSubject: Verizon Net Book Review.   Verizon Net Book Review. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:33 pm

With net books, notebooks, and mini's being all the rage these days, Verizon recently launched a $199 HP . P . Mini1151 NR Broadband 10. 1 inch Notebook that is buzzing all the laptop computer circles, and saturating all the T. V. ad positions.

After a few period of searching, reading feedback, looking at specs, stats, performance, dimensions and everything else right down to the available colors and of course, price, I have found (and purchased) the best notebook that can be found for the money.

First of all, the Verizon Mini is only $199 if you indication a 2 year company contract for:

$39. 99 monthly access for 250 MB regular allowance and 10 mere cents per megabyte overage, for those that:

* Need a portable connection 7-8 hours a calendar month
(a month? I need if you have a day! )
* Send or receive email using small or no emotions
* Light Web Searching
* Download or add small files
* Download a song or two once in a while (? )

or
$59. 99 monthly access with a 5 GB monthly permitting and 5 cents for megabyte overage, for individuals that:

* Need a constant mobile connection
* Send or receive email using large attachments
* Download or upload large files such as photos
* Need frequent access to Web sites
* Download music occasionally

Without the two year agreement, the portable costs $599!

However, without the 2 year agreement, you then have the option of purchasing a day pass people who:

* Want the freedom of using Mobile Broadband with out long-term commitment
* Only need broadband data access once in a while
* Cost is $15 each day (per 24 hr period) How many of those do you think you'll rack up in a year? Just 5 days a month is $75!

They don't offer an unlimited monthly cover mobile broadband, you obtain an "allowance", and there are overage charges if you go above your monthly "allowance"... not a good deal for the typical to heavy user, or even the casual one that does not want to ration its internet time.

Verizon's Netbook and 3G Network Poor Freedom and Versatility
Competitors Already Launching Worldwide 4G WIMAX
Second: The Verizon notebook boasts 3G access on the Verizon network. The problem bring back is.... Verizon is trailing behind other companies like Sprint, Clear and many others who are already in business out their 4G cpa affiliate networks worldwide, otherwise known as WIMAX (which usually means Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) which offers higher speeds and much wider coverage areas.

Third: The product description plainly states of the fact that notebook can only supply with a compatible company plan, kind of like how some cell phones can only be applied to the network that you purchased them for.... so this laptop will most definately work (access the internet) basically have a Verizon system plan?

Is There an easier Alternative?
I really desire a mini notebook and yet as always, this was a little too good to be the case. What do I do now?
After a weeks of searching, reading feedback, looking at specs, stats, performance, dimensions and everything else right down to the available colors and of course, price, I have found (and purchased) the best notebook that can be found for the money.

Acer, the company that owns Gateway, Packard-Bell, and E-machines is in control of the mini notebook markets and Verizon's latest notebook offering pales stunning the Acer Aspire A 11. 6 inch Portable.
I already own 3 big screen monitors from Acer, so i was already familiar by their quality.

Having read many reviews (0ver 300) of the smaller model (Aspire A 10. 1), I opted to go for the new variety the Acer Aspire A particular 11. 6 Notebook.
Compare The two and Decide For Your self
The Acer Aspire is Loaded with Extras and Functionaility

The Verizon HP Mini

* 10. 1 inch Display 1024 x 576-pixel answer
* Operates on Verizon Instant Mobile 3G Mobile Broadband mobile phone network with typical download speeds ranging from 600 Kbps to 1. 4 Mbps
* 1. 6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, 16 GB solid condition drive, 1 GB RAM, 54g Wi-Fi LAN (802. 11b/g), 10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth, 3-Cell Lithium-Ion Polymer wide variety
* Chat face to take care of with the built-in HP . P . Mini Webcam; includes some USB ports and SD/MMC card reader
* 2 UNIVERSAL SERIES BUS 2. 0 ports
* SD/MMC memory card reader
* 1 headphone out/microphone in combo jack
* does not come with a VGA monitor output allowing you to connect to an external track
* Embedded broadband software Cannot be used on another service plan network.

The Acer Want One 11. 6 Notebook

* 11. 6 Inch Display LED-backlight widescreen show with 1366 x 768-pixel resolution, 16: 9 aspect relative amount and 200-nit high settings
* Not locked to any service plan so you are free to employ any wireless card or provider you'll want including 4G WIMAX to the life of the personal pc!
* 1. 3 GHz Intel Atom Z520, 160 GB hard disk drive, 2 GB of RAM (DDR2, 667 MHz, maximum capacity) 54g Wi-Fi (802. 11b/g), Fast Ethernet (10/100), Up in order to 4 hours of electric battery life from 3-cell power
* Crystal Eye webcam supports Acer PrimaLite technological innovation, which consists of reduced sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance below low-light conditions. A built-in digital microphone helps keep background noise levels poor and minimizes echoes.
* 3 USB 2. 0 Ports
* Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO or xD-Picture Minute card
* 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack(separate) in addition also has Stereo loudspeakers and optimized Dolby Headphone products for 5. 1-channel audio
* Comes with VGA output to touch base an External monitor

The both come with Windows XP installed, but Windows Vista is available on the Acer Want

Because of size, neither has a CD/DVD drive.

The Acer Aspire also has:

* Integrated Intel Images Media Accelerator 500
* Multi-gesture touchpad supporting circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, page flip
* It has a FULL SIZED keyboard.. the Verizon Mini does not!
* Windows Vista and additionally Blue Tooth integration is available on Certain Models, as well as a 6 cell battery for approximately one 8 hours reserve energy.
* Also Wimax (4G) drivers are readily available for your Aspire One free of charge on the Acer Help support site.
Acer 11. 6 LCD, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD
Just amongst the Optional Configurations of all the Acer Aspire One
From homework to home office, your home PC needs are covered along with the Acer 11. 6" LCD 250GB HDD White Laptop with Webcam. A powerful 2GB of RAM enables you to multi-task with a number of open...
Prices shown on the previously recorded video wouldn't represent the current charge.